Program for transferring files from an off-line PC to a FTP server with intermediate.
Click here to see download page
- You have no physical access to offline PC, the volume of transferred data is significant.
- Your intermediate does not have extensive PC skills.
- You actually do not know what you want to transfer; data seeking is difficult for the operator.
- Automatization of whole process you save time yourself and to the offline PC operator too.
Requires Windows OS with .NET Framework 2.0 or higher installed. Copy-left software.
Installation and setup
- Download the program to removable storage medium, preferably to USB stick.
- Unzip the archive to what directory you like on the medium.
- Program requires .NET Framework 2.0 or higher to be installed on both online and offline computer.
- Run the program by clicking on Prg2Dub.exe file.
- Choose a folder or a disk you want to transfer and the target FTP server by clicking on Options.
Detailed description and usage guide
First create and transfer a file list of the offline computer.
- Run the program on offline PC and from the part Step 1 choose Create List button.
- The list will be put to the USB stick by default.
- You can overlook the list by clicking on View List.
- Transfer the USB stick to the online PC, run the application there and transfer the list to FTP server by choosing Send List to FTP.
Server's administrator can modify the list now.
- He can delete files that he does not want to transfer.
- Save the new list under name Prg2DubNewList.txt to FTP root directory.
Upload amended list to the USB stick on online PC.
- Run the program on online PC and click on Download New List.
- New list will be stored on USB by default.
Create an archive of desired files.
- Fire up the program from USB stick on offline computer and choose Copy Files button.
- The program will create a ZIP archive according the new list.
- Remember! Large data volumes = high-capacity USB device.
Copy the archive for the receiver to FTP.
- Take over the USB stick to online PC, run the application and choose Upload Files to FTP.